“Phoenix Fund Rising”
The “Phoenix Fund Rising” is the annual campaign for BDCHS and its Phoenix Fund. The campaign takes place in the first half of the school year, generally in the fall. For our BDCHS families, faculty, and staff, it’s a donation drive.
The 2016-2017 “Phoenix Fund Rising” donation drive is from October 3 – 31, 2016. Campaign packets were mailed to each BDCHS family and should be received some time during the first week of October. We are asking each student and their family to collect at least $200 in donations over a four week period. Based on our number of students/families, we have the potential to raise between $110,000 – $130,000!! We can do amazing things for our students through these efforts.
There are several ways to raise these funds; each family can choose what works best for them:
- The family collects contributions from various family members, friends, coworkers, neighbors, etc. totaling $200 or greater.
- Families collect contributions from their employers or their own business totaling $200 or greater (Please note: some employers will match a gift by an employee).
- The family makes a $200 or greater contribution on behalf of their family.
- Use a combination of any of the options above to collect a total of $200 or greater.
For any of these options and in keeping with our 10 year anniversary, we suggest collecting $10 donations which makes it easy and affordable – $10 X 20 people = $200!!!!
PLEASE NOTE the following:
- Families with multiple children at BDCHS will have a goal of $200 for the family; they will NOT multiply the goal by the number of children.
- Donations are voluntary and do not in any way affect your student’s enrollment at BDCHS.
- We cannot accept volunteer hours for donations made to the school.
- Donations may be tax deductible; we encourage you to check with a financial advisor and/or tax specialist to determine your gift’s eligibility.
All monies, forms, etc. should be handed in to your child’s homeroom teacher no later than 3:00 p.m., Monday, October 31, 2016. However, these items may be turned in any time during the campaign.