Welcome to the BDCHS Office of Student Services. Through a caring, student-centered support network, this staff seeks to serve the students as they progress toward college and career readiness, providing resources as needed throughout the journey.
BDCHS Office of Student Services Mission Statement:
It is the mission of the BDCHS Office of Student Services to inspire academic achievement, responsible citizenship and individual development in a supportive environment that embraces 21st Century skill development and application. We support students in taking full responsibility for their social/emotional and academic potential. Through community partnership, we seek to assist students in acquiring the knowledge and skills to become lifelong learners in a diverse society.
The BDCHS Office of Student Services believes:
- All students have dignity, worth and the ability to succeed.
- All students should be provided the opportunity to excel in rigorous academic courses to appropriately prepare for post-secondary opportunities.
The BDCHS Office of Student Services shall:
- Support the mission and core values of Brooks DeBartolo Collegiate High School.
- Utilize a data driven approach to program development and evaluation to address the needs of our community.
- Identify, select, implement and monitor effectiveness of appropriate interventions to support individual student progress and achievement.
The staff collaborates with school staff and the community to ensure a safe learning environment. Supports provided by the Office of Student Services include:
- Academic supports: scheduling; transcript evaluations; grade appropriate credit monitoring; dissemination of information regarding enrichment and community service/service learning opportunities; 504 Plan coordination and Exceptional Student Education services; graduation audits; interpreting standardized assessment score results
- Postsecondary preparation supports: entrance exam registration; application processes; content/skill specific planning resources; scholarship resources and application processes; career and interest inventories
- Connecting to the community: disseminating information regarding appropriate community resources and services
Please do not hesitate to contact our staff directly if you have any questions pertaining to services to students and families.
|Assistant Principal, Curriculum and Instruction||Mrs. Jamie Ervin||
|ESE and ESOL Specialist||Ms. Janese Bell||
|Executive Assistant to the BOD/Communications Coordinator||Ms. Ivette Pernas||
|Registrar/Data Processor||Mrs. Noemi Montanez||
|School Counselor||Mr. Eric Gommermann||