BDCHS is founded on the belief that, given the necessary resources and opportunities, every student has the potential to realize his/her dreams. By providing students a high quality, challenging education with rigorous and relevant curricula, students will be equipped to make valuable and productive contributions to our community.
The underlying purpose of the Brooks DeBartolo Collegiate High School is to prepare all students for successful post-secondary education opportunities. As a college preparatory high school, we work with students individually to guide them towards postsecondary opportunities, ensuring success in attaining scholarships and acceptance into colleges and universities. Advance Placement and Dual Enrollment classes give students firsthand experience of the standards and rigors of college level courses.
BDCHS is strongly committed to developing students’ ability to think critically and attain the necessary skills for an ever-changing world. Within the classroom, real world problems in all content areas are presented to provide relevance in learning. One of our main areas of focus is on developing leadership, which we foster through student involvement in clubs, athletics, extracurricular activities, community service as well as activities in the classroom. In addition, the latest technology is highly integrated into our education model and is used as a tool for both learning and communication. Some of the technological tools that students use include iPads, laptop carts, and Kindles as e-Readers, along with Promethean Boards for instruction in the classroom.
Awarded an A grade by the Florida Department of Education in 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017, BDCHS is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Our high academic standards and small learning environment allow for an exceptionally successful high school program.
Building a Foundation of Success:
• Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS-CASI)
• Awarded a 15 year charter contract for achieving High Performing Status by the FDOE
• One of only two high schools in Hillsborough County to have earned 8 consecutive A grades by the FDOE
• Ranked 7th out of 3057 Florida schools for improved reading performance from 2011-12 to 2012-13
• Ranked 1st for Algebra End of Course exam scores in Hillsborough County among all high schools for first-time test takers in 2012-2013
• Tied for first in FCAT Writing in Hillsborough County for the highest mean score
• All seniors in the graduating classes of 2012, 2013,2014,2015, 2016, and 2017 had post-secondary acceptances
• Named Non-Profit Finalist of the Year by the Tampa Bay Business Journal in 2013
• Named “One of America’s Most Challenging High Schools” by the Washington Post in 2012
• Named a “Super School” for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers School Program in 2013
• Recipient of the Golden School Award for parent volunteerism by the FDOE for 2012-2013